Sofa Cushion Refilling Service
What is sofa cushion refilling?
Couch cushion filling services replace old, saggy looking sofa cushions infills with new feather, fibre or foam inserts.
For a best fit it is recommended you send your covers off to a specialist firm to refill them to your exact covers and send them back to you.
Most people replace their infills as it is cheaper than buying a new sofa, reduces waste (stops a whole sofa(s) going to landfill) and so it also better for the environment.
British made foam is the best and longest lasting refill technique as it springs back and does not need constant plumping, rearranging or flipping.
What brand of sofa can you get cushion refills for?
You can get cushion refills for all brands of sofa including; DFS, Sofology, Parker Knoll, Tetrad, Laura Ashley, Loaf, Next, Argos, IKEA etc. As long as the covers are removable and zipped you can get them refilled.
Can I get my leather sofa cushions refilled?
You can get many types of sofa cushions refilled including leather, canvas, fabric and any other type of upholstery fabric. As long as the covers are removable and zipped, they can be refilled.
We refill leather sofa cushions, call us on 01752 34567 for an instant quote or email email@example.com (with your sofa cushion sizes).
How do I get my sofa cushions refilled?
You can contact a specialist firm for a quote. It is always advised to roughly measure your sofa cushions and get a quote over the phone before going-ahead.
To measure your cushions, you will need to measure the maximum width, length and thickness of each cushion.
We are experts at sofa cushion refilling and cover the whole of the UK. We can quote you over the phone Mon-Fri 08:45-16:45 on 01752 345678 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org (with your sofa cushion sizes).
What is fibre and stockinette on a sofa cushion?
Fibre (other names: wadding & dacron) is a poly fibre wrapping that is laminated to foam, it is used to add padding to a foam insert so that covers do not sag. It should be used sparingly as it is a lot cheaper than foam and overtime will compress. It is recommended to use one layer of fibre on all sides of a sofa cushion.
ADVISED ON SOFA CUSHIONS
Stockinette is a thin netting that is covered over the foam and fibre parcel to hold it all together. It is sometimes tied on (poor craftsmanship) but should be overlocked (sewing type) onto each cushion.
ADVISED ON SOFA CUSHIONS
How much does sofa cushion refilling cost?
It depends on the size and thickness of the cushion, a small armchair or sofa cushion could cost £30-£40 a larger cushion could cost up to £90 per cushion.
Call us for an instant quote now - 01752 345678 or email email@example.com
When getting a quote please consider the below.
Sofa cushion refilling services vary. For instance, some firms;
- Do not add fibre and stockinette (see above) to sofa cushions.
- Will cut a rectangle of foam without shaping it and place it into a cover and pad it out with multiple layers of fibre which compress very quickly over time leaving a saggy looking cushion within a few weeks.
- Will glue off-cuts of foam together to make a larger piece which over time will break down leaving a cushion with sinking parts and structural weaknesses that cause discomfort and leaning to one side causing back issues.
Make sure foam that you get in your new cushions is British made (superior quality and will last a lot longer) & meets British fire standard BS5852. This will not only protect your home insurance should there be a fire, but it could also be the difference between keeping your family safe in the event of a fire in the home.
CertiPur foam is also preferable if possible as it has been tested for toxins and is better for you and your family’s health.
All our sofa cushion refills:
- Come with a thin layer of fibre wrapped over every side of a cushion.
- Come with an overlocked stockinette cover for easy removal and reinsertion when you need to wash or clean covers.
- Do not sag over time.
- Are made from British made foam that meets British fire standard BS5852.
- All our foam is CertiPur.
- Are expertly hand crafted by trained professionals in our Devon based factory.
How long does sofa cushion refilling take?
This can vary, some companies can take a few days (3-5) some can take a few weeks (2-3). It is always advised that you check this with a company before ordering. It can also vary depending on the quality of the finish. As mentioned above some companies can do a slap-dash job that leaves covers saggy, others over-stuff with fibre which very quickly will compress and leave covers saggy a few months down the line.
Call us and ask us how long our current wait is - 01752 345678
How to find sofa cushion refilling near me?
We are a specialist firm and refill multiple sofa sets per day. All our sofa cushion refills can be done from our Devon based factory. As we are specialists (see reviews below) we regularly receive covers from all over the UK. Get an instant quote from us now over the phone (for this you will need to measure the maximum; width, length and thickness).
Call us on 01752 345678 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are happy to go ahead:
- Send us your covers on a tracked service (include name and phone number).
- Once we get the covers we will remeasure and re-quote (if you are not happy if the price has changed drastically (very rare if you have measured the cushions accurately) we will send you the covers back on a tracked service free of charge).
- We will take payment and delivery details over the phone.
- We will refill your cushions and send them back to you on a tracked service.
Reviews of sofa cushion refilling company?
See below just some of our many 5 star google reviews for our sofa cushion replacement service (all available to see on our google business page).