Sleep Apnoea Bed Wedge
Also available in:
Memory Foam - the top one inch (2.5cm) is cut off and replaced with pressure relieving memory foam.
Latex (NEW) - the top one inch (2.5cm) is cut off and replaced with cooling, natural, premium Graphite Latex foam.
- Bed wedges are recommended by NHS online for sleep Apnoea.
- Made in the UK.
- 2 Year Guarantee.
- As seen in The Guardian newspaper.
- Lengthy 14 day returns policy.
- CertiPUR® foam for peace of mind.
- Comes with a white zipped, washable, poly-cotton cover.
- Over 130 5* star reviews.
- Spare covers available.
NHS advice : "sleep on your side – try taping a tennis ball to the back of your sleepwear, or buy a special pillow or bed wedge to help keep you on your side"
The Adult Bed Wedge is versatile and can be used in three many ways:
- Place it under your pillow to sleep in a raised comfortable position, ideal for sufferers of hiatus hernia, rhinitis, glaucoma, vertigo and respiratory problems. The Putnams bed wedge helps keep you upright and comfortable at the same time.
- Use as a back support when sitting up in bed.
- Place the Bed wedge at the bottom of the bed to raise and support your legs and feet. This provides relief from varicose veins, swollen ankles, phlebitis and oedema.
The Putnams Bed wedge can be used for many different medical conditions including:
- Acid Reflux (GERD/GORD) / Heartburn / Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Laryngopharyngeal Reflux (LPR)
- Snoring reduction
- Shoulder Surgery
- Hiatus hernia (Oesophagitis)
- Esophageal Motility
- Respiratory illness (pneumonia & flu (keeps you propped up at night))
- Varicose veins / Swollen ankles / Phlebitis /Oedema (when wedge is placed under feet)
Ideal for post surgery, including;
- Post hysterectomy
- Post hip replacement
- Post spinal surgery
- Post open-heart surgery
- As well as being great for mobility, sitting up in bed and chest pain.
Please note the images & video feature the 24" & 54" width bed wedge.
''Weight loss and head of bed elevation are effective lifestyle interventions for GERD'' - Stanford Study 2006
24": W24" x L30" x H6"
36" (91.5cm) UK Single: W36" x L30" x H6" **
54" (137cm) UK Double: W54" x L30" x H6" **
60" (152.5cm) UK King: W60" x L30" x H6" **
72" (183cm) UK Super King: W72" x L30" x H6" **
W: width, L: length, H: height
**Please note that sizes larger than the 24" will have large goods shipping applied at checkout. Sizes larger than the 36" width will come in two pieces of foam (two side by side pieces that will be put into the cover to sit side by side). Covers for the sizes 54" upwards may require two people to put covers on and off.
Triangle bed wedge pillow available in single, small double, double, king and super king.
If you are looking at this product for medical usage it is possible for us to make it with a waterproof navy fabric, which is machine washable at 95 degrees, conforms to BS7175, Crib 5 (suitable for hospitals and nursing homes). Enquire via email or telephone (firstname.lastname@example.org 01752 345678) trade enquiries and NHS orders welcome.