The top 2.5cm of the bed wedge is replaced with a layer of pressure relieving memory for comfort and support. The memory foam moulds to your body's contours, reducing pressure and improving comfort.
- British Made.
- 2 year guarantee.
- Lengthy 14 day returns policy.
- CertiPUR foam.
- As seen in The Guardian newspaper.
- Reduces acid reflux and heartburn symptoms naturally.
- recommended by the Oesophageal Patients Association (OPA)
- Fitted, removable, washable poly-cotton cover included.
- CE marked - Class 1 medical device.
- Recommended by the NHS.
Heartburn, Acid Reflux, GERD, GORD, Laryngopharyngeal Reflux (LPR) and similar medical conditions all result from acid seeping upwards during sleep when laying flat. When sleeping slightly tilted gravity helps stop this occurrence and reduces associated discomfort and sleep disruption.
Size: Width (as selected) x Length 30" (76cm) x Height 6" (15.2cm)
Our bed wedge is 15cm high, which is between 10-20cm high as recommended on the NHS website.
The Adult Bed Wedge can be used in many ways:
- Place it under your pillow to sleep in a raised comfortable position, ideal for sufferers of hiatus hernia, rhinitis, glaucoma, vertigo and respiratory problems. The Putnams bed wedge helps keep you upright and comfortable at the same time.
- Use as a back support in bed.
- Place the Bed wedge at the bottom of the bed to raise and support your legs. This provides relief from varicose veins, swollen ankles, phlebitis and oedema.
The Putnams Bed wedge can be used for many different medical conditions including:
- Acid Reflux (GERD/GORD)
- Laryngopharyngeal Reflux (LPR)
- Snoring reduction
- Shoulder Surgery
- Hiatus hernia (Oesophagitis)
- Esophageal Motility
- Respiratory problems
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Varicose veins (when wedge is placed under feet)
- Swollen ankles (placed under feet)
- Phlebitis (placed under feet)
- Oedema (placed under feet)
"SERD [supraesophageal reflux disease] frequently occurs in the supine position and that 6 inches of head-of-bed elevation is effective in reducing supine SERD." -The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 2015
Ideal for post surgery, including;
- Post hysterectomy
- Post hip replacement
- Post spinal surgery
- Post open-heart surgery
- As well as being great for mobility, sitting up in bed and chest pain.
''Weight loss and head of bed elevation are effective lifestyle interventions for GERD'' - Stanford Study 2006
Please note: sizes UK Double and upwards come as two pieces of foam that fit into one fitted cover side by side. Once in the cover you cannot feel the join.
Our bed wedge...
The memory foam * option is great for people who are familiar with memory foam and love it. Memory foam has well researched pressure relief benefits however memory foam does have a reputation for being a bit hotter to lie on.
*The memory foam is only on the top 2.5cm of the wedge.
We get asked this question a lot. We always recommend measuring out the width across your bed with a tape measure to get an idea of how wide your bed wedge will be. Typically if you are sharing a double bed we recommend a 24". If you are sharing anything larger you should be fine with a 36" width.
This bed wedge has a height of 6" (15cm). We have designed our bed wedge to be high enough for acid reflux prevention whilst also being comfortable to get a good nights sleep.
The NHS website states a preferred bed wedge height of 10-20cm for acid reflux.
This design decision has been led by science. A 2015 study in the Journal of allergy and clinical immunology found that 6" elevation reduced reflux in patients.