Standard delivery - Free (2nd class royal mail).
Next working day delivery - £8 (12 noon cut-off). We are closed over the weekend.
Heavy & large goods - £10
Bank holiday exclusions apply. More info here.
The pillow has been specifically designed by experts in foot and ankle disease, to ensure the best foot position to treat heel pain (Achilles tendinopathy and plantar fasciitis) and allow a comfortable night sleep. The peaks and troughs allow the feet to turn when sleeping, and the wide base prevents pillow slippage.
The pillow is designed to help with:
- Achilles Pain / Achilles Tendonitis / Achilles tendinopathy
- Plantar Facia Pain / Plantar Fasciitis / Plantar Fasciopathy
- Forefoot overload / Metatarsalgia
- Flat foot / Pes planus / Tibialis Posterior Pain / Tibialis Posterior Tendonopathy
- Tight Calf / Tight Gastrocnemius
Tendon stiffness is the greatest factor in plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendinopathy. In people who belly sleep (i.e. prone) or on their side, the foot or feet are forced into a ‘pointing downward’ (i.e. equinus) position. With this there is an inevitability of calf stiffness (especially the Gastrocnemius muscle). There is a linear association with how tight the gastrocnemius is and how much pain is caused by the first step out of bed in the morning. The Foot pillow works to position the foot so it doesn’t point downward (equinus), thus reducing the stiffness and reducing the pain.
Unsure which Pillow is right for you?
Small: Designed for users with feet smaller than UK size 9. Dimensions: 195mm x 160mm x 700mm
Large: Designed for users with feet larger than UK size 9.5. Dimensions: 180mm x 120mm x 700m
The pillow is to be used under your existing fitted sheet at the position your foot will be when you are sleeping. Please see link for guide.
- Made in the UK.
- Memory Foam.
- Microbacterial, hypoallergenic, Coolmax Fabric.
- CertiPUR® foam.
- CE marked - Class 1 medical device.
- Sold with removable (zipped) cover.
- Goes under or over your existing fitted sheet.
- Tree planted with every order.
The cushion in effect raises the sleeping surface in the vicinity of the ankle so that the ankle is raised, therefore reducing the weight of the leg forcing the foot into the equinus position. The foot is therefore not forced into the downward pointing position and therefore prevents the calf muscles (especially Gastrocnemius) shortening.
Customer feedback suggests:
- Can improve heel pain / Achilles pain / Plantar fascia pain / Forefoot overload
- Can improve calf tightness
- Can improve running tolerance
- Can improve night sleep
Further viewing and information from: Prof. Lyndon W. Mason, Foot and Ankle Orthopaedic Consultant, Liverpool Foot and Ankle Clinic.
Please note they do not come as a pair. The photograph of two together is for size illustration only.