Graphite Latex bedding materials are breathable and naturally hypoallergenic, making for the perfect pillow to keep you cool and comfortable all night long.
Pillows can be a detail that gets overlooked by consumers who are looking to upgrade their sleeping set-up, but a good pillow can make a major difference in terms of sleep quality and comfort. It’s also important to pay attention to what materials your pillow is made of, especially for people who suffer from allergies.
Here are 5 things to know about graphite latex pillows
1. Chemical-free pillow options
Graphite is a naturally occurring material found in rocks and has many uses. In bedding, graphite serves as a fire retardant and temperature regulating material that eliminates the need to use chemicals to protect sleepers.
Putnams Graphite Latex Pillow naturally meets British fire standards thanks to graphite that’s dispersed throughout the pillow. That means we don’t need to use chemicals to make our Graphite Latex Pillow fire-resistant.
2. Natural materials with big sleep benefits
Foam pillows offer great support for your head, neck, and shoulders - but they also hold onto your body heat.
According to The Sleep Charity, hot temperatures at night can disrupt your sleep and prevent you from feeling well-rested in the morning.
Graphite, a natural material, can easily absorb your body heat to pull it away from your body so you’re always on the cool side of the pillow. By including a layer of graphite latex, airflow improves and your pillow stays cool.
Read more about the difference between Latex Foam and Graphite Latex bedding here.
3. Antibacterial properties and won’t trigger allergies
Allergens in and around our beds can build up over time and wreak havoc on our sleep.
Using natural materials like graphite latex protects pillows from mold and mildew. The materials are also used to prevent allergens and dust mites from getting into bed with you.
As more people realize the benefits of anti-allergy pillows, they’re realizing how they can help with asthma, runny noses, and even eczema, according to Glamour.
Graphite has been proven to be an effective germ killer. A study by Chalmers University of Technology found that graphite used on medical surfaces can prevent infections by killing 99.99% of bacteria - which is nice to have in a pillow.
4. Environmentally friendly pillows won’t clog future landfills
Putnams Graphite Latex Pillow is made with vegan-friendly materials that are biodegradable.
Latex is plant-based and 100% biodegradable in water and sunlight, taking between 6 months and 4 years to decompose at end of life, making Putnams pillows more environmentally friendly than many other pillows on the market.
Plus, Putnams is actively working to improve the environment and reduce its carbon footprint. For every order over £60, Putnams will plant a tree to aid reforestation and biodiversity efforts. As of October 2021, Putnams has planted 3,174 trees!
- Height adjustable - made with 4 layers that can be removed to suit.
- Made in the UK - we make our pillows in our Devon factory.
- Naturally meet British fire standards - the graphite replaces the need for chemicals.
- 1 year guarantee - we guarantee the pillow for 1 year.
- Cover included - Stretch, fitted, zipped and washable 100% cotton cover.
- Vegan friendly - latex and cotton cover are made by plants.
- Springy and supportive.
- Hypoallergenic, dust mite resistant and anti bacterial.
- Suitable for back, side and front sleepers (adjust accordingly).