2019 was an exciting year for Putnams. We turned the big 40! We were also lucky to be shortlisted for a few awards and winners/finalists at both the Herald Business Awards and The Western Morning News Business Awards.
Winners at the Herald Business Awards 2019 - Family Business of The Year award
Finalists at the Western Morning News Business Awards 2019 - Family Business of The Year award
As always a big thank you to our team at Putnams!
We were sad to see two members of our team retire this year:
- Janet after 19 years of employment at Putnams as a sewing machinist.
- Linda (as she had temporarily come back out of retirement) retired once more after 20 years of employment as the head of the packing department.
Another team member, Zena, reached the epic milestone of 20 years in our employment!
Thank you also to all of our incredible trade customers, big and small throughout the UK and world.
- Our Putnam Pillow recommended in The Times readers clinic.
- We had one of our products featured on the front cover of Dorset Living magazine (a bespoke mattress job in collaboration with iForm, another amazing British Manufacturer we were proud to work alongside).
- Our kneeling/posture chair was featured on TV in Bang On Budget's episode 19.
- A National Geographic article called our mattresses "very comfy".
- Our Posture chair was recommend in Writers forum magazine when sitting for long periods.
- We made bespoke foam crew mattresses for the boat (Malizia II) that Greta Thunburg then used to cross the Atlantic.
- We had several features and write up's in The Herald newspaper including being one of "Plymouth's Most-loved family businesses'' and two of our directors being featured in Plymouth's top 35 stars on the business scene under 35.
- We also appeared in our local Plympton Community Magazine for our sofa cushion refilling services.
We are also lucky to help people in their every day lives with improved comfort and mobility. Thank you for all of our lovely customer reviews 1200+ and counting and to the letters of thanks, phone calls, emails and even one home-baked carrot cake (thank you Hannah!)
We are incredibly proud to continue our partnership with the amazing charity: The Oesophageal Patients Association and our fundraising for Parkinsons UK.
To 40 more years of British manufacturing! - The Putnams family.